Survival of the Weakest

Well, the first 2 weeks of school are over, and what a ride it has been.

I have realized that I need to intentionally set time aside for spending time in the word, not just learning words.

I have learned so much I feel my brain is physically getting bigger. There are so many dates and so much information to absorb, learn and digest that it can be overwhelming at times.

God has shown me so much grace that I can hardly put it into words. Grace for when I fail, grace for when I am weak. Grace because I’m a sinner and yet He died for me.

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
 2 Corinthians 12:9

I have also learned to apply something my aunt told me just before I started this class: “Remember, this is your first time back in school in over 10 years, it’s a different country with a different language, take it slow”

I had to remember that when the grade for my first paper was not what I expected. And I had to remember it even more when I realized this was my “good” paper, meaning that the second I turned that was, in my eyes, of an inferior argumentative quality will probably get a worst grade. So now I have to wait and see and remember this is all new, and there is a learning curve. I need to lean into my savior and hear him speak.

Because You have been my help,
Therefore in the shadow of Your wings, I will rejoice.
My soul follows close behind You;
Your right hand upholds me.
Psalm 63:7-8


Speaking of learning curves, the Lord has shown me the importance of perseverance, and how easily we give up on something because there is a struggle.

Our walk with Christ will not always look like butterflies and puppy dogs. There are very real struggles and true hardships that will come our way. Walking through the valley of the death doesn’t sound like a fun trip to me, and yet the psalmist knows that the Lord is with Him. Paul knew that the Lord had called him to do His work and that He was on the right path, and yet he faced persecution, jail, and hardships.

Our Savior endured the ultimate hardship for us, and he told us that we would too. But then, He gave us a beautiful promise: “take heart, for I have overcome the world”.

I choose today to cling to that promise and trust that He has overcome.

These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” John 16:33


P.S. On a fun note, this is how I felt the whole last week. It’s good to see the humor in everything, right?


Comments

Popular Posts